Bitspower Griffin 120mm DRGB Fans (Review Sample)

BenWayland

Bitspower Griffin 120mm DRGB Fans (Review Sample)

Post by BenWayland »

Received some new Bitspower fans to review with you guys!!

Bitspower sent me 3 sample fans with the sticker on the package labeling them as “Bitspower Griffin 120 Fan - Digital RGB”. These fans are 120mm x 120mm x 25mm and come pre-installed with anti-rattle pads on both the front and rear. Included in the bubble wrap package are the cables and fan screws that you will get with these fans. Yes, you read that right, separate cables come inside the bag.

These separate cables that come included are the DRGB cable, Performance fan cable, and a Silent fan cable. The reason these fans come with separate cables is rather cool. At a fan level, these fans will daisy chain together for both the RGB and PWM cables. Once you daisy chain your fans together in sequence, you then install the provided cables and then plug those into your motherboard or fan/RGB hub. The cables are decent length, coming in at 21” long.

The RGB cable is the 3pin DRGB cable so it works with all major motherboard RGB software. I tested this with Armory Crate and they are very vibrant and bright. When on a static color you can see how the RGB is set up. These fans feature 8 LEDs on the fan hub and with the help of the frosted colored fans, that RGB color extends out across the fan.

As far as specs go for these fans, all I really have are the decibel ratings I took with an app on my phone. I am not sure what the static pressure or air flow ratings of these fans are, but let me tell you the noise levels. By putting my phone on the case right in front of the fans these are the results I came up with:
Silent Fan Wire:
- Idle: 44.4 dB(A)
- 100%: 47.2 dB(A)
Performance Fan Wire:
- Idle: 44.9 dB(A)
- 100%: 65.3 dB(A)
Both of these tests were done with the CPU fan disconnected so as to not cause any interference. Obviously in a house you will have noises, but I try to have my Test Bench isolated in the spare living room, but you do still hear the TV in the other room.

In regards to my test bench, I have pulled all the panels off of the case and installed these fans on the back side of the case as you can see with the pictures.

In conclusion, the RGB on these fans are very bright and do look good. Just depending on the PWM fan wire that you are going to use is how loud or quiet the system will be. I don’t have any thermal results as I was only sent 3 fans so I am unable to truly get a good feel of how much air they will blow across your components. As far as an ETA of release for these fans I am not too sure, but I hope to see them release soon so I can pick up a full set of them to run full thermals!

Thanks guys!

Test Bench Specs
:
- Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING Z690
- CPU: Intel Core i7 12700K
- CPU Cooler: Bitspower Phantom Air Cooler
- RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 5600 CL36
- SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4 500GB
- GPU: Nvidia FE RTX 3080
- PSU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1000G
- Case: Thermaltake Core P6 (Racing Green)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.